The Green Strides Webinar Series:
For All Schools Moving Toward the Pillars
The schedule, with registration links, features experts from the EPA and other federal programs. Sign up for Green Strides Webinar Series email updates to receive registration information on future webinars.
- June 21, 2012, 1-2 p.m.: How Indoor Air Quality Helps to Create a Healthy Learning Environment
- July 18, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: Reducing Radon in Schools
- July 25, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: Reducing Environmental Impact and Costs
- Aug. 1, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: Improving Air Quality with Transportation Changes
- Aug. 16, 2012, 3-4 p.m.: Career Pathways: Green and Sustainability Knowledge and Skills Statements
- Sept. 5, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: School Buildings and Community Building
- Sept. 12, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: Strategic Collaboration for Effective Asthma Management in Schools
- Sept. 19, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: The School Flag Program
- Sept. 26, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: The Sun, UV and You: EPA's SunWise Program
- Oct. 3, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: Environmental Education for Everyone: EPA's 'K through Grey' Resources
- Oct. 10, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: Why Environmental Health in School Matters
- Oct. 17, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: Presidential Youth Fitness Program
- Nov. 7, 2012, 2-3 p.m. Integrated School Health Tools for Districts
- Feb. 6, 2013, 2-3 p.m. Tools to Reduce Waste in Schools
- Mar. 6, 2013, 2-3 p.m. Integrated Pest Management in Schools
- Apr. 3, 2013, 2-3 p.m. The Three T’s of Reducing Lead in Drinking Water in Schools
- Apr. 10, 2013, 2-3 p.m. Chemical Safety in Schools
- May 8, 2013, 2-3 p.m. Drinking Water Best Management Practices for Schools and Child Care Facilities
Aug. 1, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: Improving Air Quality with Transportation Changes
This webinar will review simple techniques that a school can employ to reduce children's exposure to air toxics. Many of these solutions also save schools and parents money.
Aug. 16, 2012, 3-4 p.m.: Career Pathways: Green and Sustainability Knowledge and Skills Statements
This webinar will overview of the process and resources associated with the development of Green and Sustainability Knowledge and Skills statements in six Career Clusters™ that are now available for use by states and local schools districts. Participants will learn how statements were developed, review the set of statements, and be provided information about accessing additional resources, as well as strategies for implementing the standards.
Sept. 5, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: School Buildings and Community Building
No pre- registration is required. Log-on here! Conference Number: (866) 299-3188. Participant Code: 2025662950
This webinar will discuss EPA's voluntary School Siting Guidelines and describe how a growing number of communities are using school investments to meet educational, health, environmental, economic, social, and fiscal goals.
Sept. 12, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: Strategic Collaboration for Effective Asthma Management in Schools
Hear from leading asthma experts as they discuss best practices for asthma management in schools and how to form successful collaborations with key partners. Understand the connection between effective asthma management in schools and green and healthy learning environments. Hear unique perspectives and tactics for increasing community awareness about how to effectively control asthma.
Sept. 19, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: The School Flag Program
This webinar will highlight the four easy steps needed to implement the School Flag Program based on the Air Quality Index (AQI) and feature other air quality educational resources.
Sept. 26, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: The Sun, UV and You: EPA's SunWise Program
The SunWise Program is an environmental and health education program that teaches the risks of overexposure to ultraviolet radiation (UV) and simple actions to protect one self. Learn the facts about stratospheric ozone and UV, how UV affects Americans' health, and best practices to avoid UV-related disease. We will focus on the free tools and resources available from SunWise, including a tool kit with over 50 cross-curricular, standards-based activities for grades K - 8 and a UV sensitive frisbee for inquiry-based activities.
Oct. 3, 2012, 2-3 p.m.: Environmental Education for Everyone: EPA's 'K through Grey' Resources
EPA's Office of Environmental Education (OEE) and the National Environmental Education Foundation will present environmental education resources that educators can use in classrooms and informal educational settings, or in their development of broader curricula.
All times are given as Eastern Standard